An Undeserved Gift

For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him. (2 Corinthians 5:21)

Those of us who have been Christians for a long time often take for granted the miracle that happened in our lives as a result of Christ’s death on the cross. Jesus, God’s only begotten Son, Who knew no sin, took our sin upon Himself so that we could have His righteousness. The book of Isaiah tells us that our righteousness is as filthy rags. But God has taken away our sin and given us His righteousness. We could never accomplish becoming righteous on our own. It came about because of the willingness of Jesus to obey His Father and give His life on the cross of Calvary. The part we have in this is to accept the gift that has been given to us.

We tend to make so complicated what God meant to be very simple. The Word tells us that it is not God’s desire for anyone to perish. Salvation is a free gift given to us because of His great love for humanity. By believing in the death, burial and resurrection of our sinless Savior and receiving Him into our hearts, we have the promise of eternal life and heaven as our home.

If you already know Jesus, thank God for the priceless gift you have received. If you don’t know Christ as your Savior, accept this wonderful gift of salvation that He extends to you today.

Prayer to Accept Christ

Dear Jesus, I admit that I am a sinner, and I have lived my life to please myself rather than You. I am sorry and I repent. I ask You to forgive me. I believe that You died on the cross to save me. You did what I could not do for myself. I give my life to You and ask You to take control of it. Be the Lord of my life! Help me to live every day in a way that pleases You. I love You, Lord, and I thank You that I will spend eternity with You. Amen.

Scriptures for Reflection

But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away. (Isaiah 64:6)

Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross. (Philippians 2:6-8)

The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance. (2 Peter 3:9)

That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved, For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. (Romans 10:9-10)

No comments: