The Reason I Do This


This blog site was created with the intention of helping others in their walk with Christ by sharing my heart. I hope I am touching lives in a positive way. The Lord has been faithful, even in the midst of my busy schedule, to “inspire” me with thoughts that I pray are beneficial to those who read them.  At times when I don’t feel especially inspired, I remind myself that I am doing this for Him, and that He will not fail me.

In this journey over the past few months, I have discovered that doing these blogs is as much for me as for anyone else. It is really wonderful how the Spirit can plant a thought into my heart and mind, and the thought seems to take on a life of its own and develop into the full article that I finally post. There have been times I have sat at the computer while the words flowed. Thank You, Father. Other times have been more of a struggle, but through the process I have learned so much! I now have evidence in my life of something I already firmly believed:  God, who calls us to work for Him, then supplies everything we need to accomplish what He has called us to do.

This is not about me. I so want to please Him. My desire is not that people would see me, but that they would see Christ in me. Father, help me to be like John the Baptist, who said that Jesus must increase, while I must decrease. (John 3:30)

If the Lord has put something in your heart that He wants you to do, step out in faith. It is scary at first. But with each step, His strength keeps you going forward. Depend on Him. Learn to lean heavily upon Him. What He has put into your heart will come to fruition as you trust in Him.

Scriptures for Reflection

Colossians 1:10-12:  That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God; strengthened with all might, according to his glorious power, unto all patience and longsuffering with joyfulness; giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light.
2 Thessalonians 1:11:  Wherefore also we pray always for you, that our God would count you worthy of this calling, and fulfill all the good pleasure of his goodness, and the work of faith with power.
2 Timothy 3:16-17:  All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: that the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.

No comments: