God Finishes What He Starts

unfinished
Do you have half-finished projects in your life? You know, those things that you started with such enthusiasm, and for whatever reason somewhere along the way you lost your drive to bring to completion. I believe we have all been in that situation. It can be disheartening to see something you started that you were excited about, but then for some reason you just didn’t follow through. Maybe you got busy with something else, some other project distracted you, and you left thinking “I’ll get back to this later.” And then you never did.

I am so thankful that when God works on the “project” of our lives He doesn’t stop before it is finished. Philippians 1:6 tells us, “. . . he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.” That is such an encouraging verse! When you feel that your life is just not the way you want it to be, remember that as long as you are living for Him, God is working on you. He has a plan. He wants you to seek His face and find out what that plan is. And He wants to complete it. I love the children’s song, He’s still working on me to make me what I ought to be. It took Him just a week to make the moon and the stars, the sun and the earth and Jupiter and Mars. How loving and patient He must be. He’s still working on me.*

So, be encouraged! If you haven’t already done so, submit your life to God. If you have, but you’ve gotten distracted, get back on track and ask God to show you what He wants for your life. Tell Him you want Him in the driver’s seat. I believe you will be amazed at the work He will complete in your life!

*He’s Still Working On Me, Joel Hemphill

No comments: