Thursday, October 8, 2026

A Moment in Time

I am sometimes guilty of living in the regrets of the past or in questions about the future. My prayers seem to be, “Lord, forgive me for not being who You wanted me to be in that circumstance,” or “Lord, help me to become who You created me to be.”

The Lord is teaching me that I need to live in the moment. My prayer needs to be, “Father, what do You want me to do in this moment I have right now? How do You want me to live, what do You want me to do, and who do You want me to speak to? How can my life touch someone today and help them along the way? Who can I witness to for Christ?”

Because all I really have is this moment.

The past is gone; the future is not here yet. I only have today—a beautiful blank page given to me by the Creator of the universe. Why waste so much time thinking about a past I can’t change or worrying about a future that hasn’t happened yet?

God help me—help all of us—to trust You and live in this moment we are in right now. Free us from sadness regarding our past and free us from fear of the future.

Father, I want to walk with You and obey You today.
_______________
Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own. —Matthew 6:34

Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes. —James 4:14

This is the day the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it. —Psalm 118:24

But encourage one another daily, as long as it is called “Today,” … —Hebrews 3:13

No comments: