Father, Thank You

BLUEFRAME-PRAISETHELORD-1Today, I want to give thanks to God for how good He is to me. Sometimes I wonder how people who don’t know Him and don’t trust Him are able to keep on living their lives. I know how scary life can be—and I do know Him. I cannot imagine what it would be like to not have Him as my Helper every day.

Father, I thank You that You have my life in Your able hands. Even when things seem crazy, and life is hard to understand, I know that You have everything under control. You are trustworthy. You have promised to never leave or forsake me.

My life would be meaningless without You. You have taught me to say that no matter what happens in my life, You are worthy to be praised. You have a plan. I know that. Father, I depend on You. Sometimes, even though I am…..older now, I feel inside like a scared little girl, and I need You to comfort me, and You are always there. When I come to a fork in the road and don’t know which way to go, You gently coax me in the right direction. I can look back and see Your hand at work in my life, and I know that You will continue to guide me.

Father, help me to lay aside everything in my life that does not please You, and live the life You have planned for me to live.

I love and worship You. I am so thankful that You, the God who made the universe, are willing to live inside of me. I praise You for Your faithfulness and for Your mercy. I thank You that You love me, even though I am far from perfect. Continue to teach me Your ways, and help me to walk in them.

Scriptures for Reflection

Psalm 124:  If it had not been the LORD who was on our side, now may Israel say; If it had not been the LORD who was on our side, when men rose up against us: Then they had swallowed us up quick, when their wrath was kindled against us: Then the waters had overwhelmed us, the stream had gone over our soul: Then the proud waters had gone over our soul. Blessed be the LORD, who hath not given us as a prey to their teeth. Our soul is escaped as a bird out of the snare of the fowlers: the snare is broken, and we are escaped. Our help is in the name of the LORD, who made heaven and earth.

No comments: