If I Can Only Imagine

isaiah55_8-9 higher thoughts

God imagines so much more for our lives than we do. I believe we live far beneath what He wants to do in us. If we could just tap into His thoughts, and take His Word for what it says, instead of always qualifying it with our own thoughts, and trying to bring His plans down to the level of our own understanding, how much more we could accomplish for Him. The Word tells us to not lean on our own understanding, that His thoughts and ways are higher than ours, and that our lives are best lived as they are ordered according to His Word.

Sometimes we get stuck in mediocrity when God has so much more for us. We limit the work of God in our lives because of our unbelief. We can believe that He has great plans in store for someone else, because they seem to have it all together; they seem to have all their ducks in a row and to know exactly where they are headed. I have news for you. From what I observe, I believe there are more of us who feel we don’t have it all together, than those who do.

The only way we can be truly “together” and “on the right track” is by getting our thoughts aligned with God’s. His Word tells us that He is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think. The Amplified Version of the entire verse says, Now to Him Who, by (in consequence of) the [action of His] power that is at work within us, is able to [carry out His purpose and] do superabundantly, far over and above all that we [dare] ask or think [infinitely beyond our highest prayers, desires, thoughts, hopes, or dreams]. (Ephesians 3:20)

Now, I can imagine a lot of great things, but this scripture tells me that He can do far beyond anything I can imagine—and it is through the power of God inside of me. I’ve come to the conclusion that my dreams just aren’t big enough. I need to allow Him to form His dreams in me.

But you might say, “If His ways and thoughts are so much higher, then how can I ever think what He wants me to think, and dream the big dreams that He wants me to?” Psalm 25:14 tells us, The secret of the Lord is with them that fear him; and he will shew them his covenant. If I reverence the Lord, if I put Him first in my life, if I acknowledge Him, rather than leaning on my own understanding, He will reveal the secrets that I need to know.

I want to know the secrets He wants to reveal to me. I want to imagine His dreams for my life. Only then can they ever become reality.

Scriptures for Reflection

Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. (Proverbs 3:5-6)

For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. (Isaiah 55:9)

The steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD: and he delighteth in his way. (Psalm 37:23)

Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us. (Ephesians 3:20)

2 comments:

Suzie Price said...

Tammy, this is such a timely message! I want what He desires for my life! As you said, I've got to dream bigger! God is so good and I want to do all that He lays on my heart to do and be obedient to Him and His Word! Praise God!

Thank you for writing the awesome messages that you are writing! I know my life if being blessed and ministered to!

Brian said...

Beautifully put. Simple, “as IS “. That is God!!! Our Father, our Daddy. Thank you for sharing and bringing us back to the basic of walking with God. Sometime we read the verse like reading a newspaper. Yet when we read a book or watch a movie we are immersed and transported into another world because we want to evade. So why not do the same with Father’s Word. Not only they are simple to understand ( maybe too simple that we don’t take it seriously or obey )but they are powerful and breath on by Him. So !!! Let’s read His Words with your heart not your mind and your eyes will see what He intended you to see for any situation ( financial, marital, medical etc... )
God bless you all as God Loves you very much. More than we can comprehend. Therefore, my way is not your way so is my Love not the same as your love.