I Can’t Even Walk Without You Holding My Hand

holding hands

Even though I am well aware that God is my source, that He is the One who supplies everything I need, that He is the One who has given me talents and abilities to do what He has called me to do, I still at times find myself trying to “go it alone.” What is it about us that causes us to pull away from the One who loves us the most? We don’t mean to do it, but we get caught up in the moment, in this or that activity, and find ourselves depending on the arm of the flesh, rather than leaning on the everlasting arms. Then we get into trouble and realize we need to run back to the Master and His plan.

The song comes to mind, I Can’t Even Walk Without You Holding My Hand. If we let go of His hand, we are bound to get off track.

I am so thankful that when we trust our lives to our Heavenly Father, He has promised to guide us in the way we should go. Just as we care for our children and do our best to guide them in the right direction, our Father’s desire is that we follow His ways and walk on the path He has set before us. Many times the path takes an unexpected turn; there are sometimes rough places that are hard to travel. But God in His infinite wisdom knows where He wants us to go and who He wants us to become.

The greatest wisdom we possess is the willingness to surrender our plans and our desires to the One who knows all things and who holds our lives in the palm of His hand.

Father, I need You. I can’t even walk without You holding my hand!

Scripture for Reflection

I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go: I will guide thee with mine eye. (Psalm 32:8)

I Can’t Even Walk (Without You Holding My Hand)

I thought that number one would surely be me,
I thought I would be what I wanted to be.
I thought I could build on life's sinking sand,
But I can't even walk without You holding my hand.

I thought I could do a lot on my own,
I thought I could make it all alone;
I thought of myself as a mighty big man,
But I can't even walk without You holding my hand.

Lord I can't even walk without You holding my hand.
The mountain's too high and the valley's too wide.
Down on my knees, I learned to stand.
Because I can't even walk without You holding my hand.

I think that I'll make Jesus my All,
From now on when I'm in trouble, on Him I will call;
If I don't trust Him, I'll be less than a man,
You see I can't even walk without You holding my hand.

Lord I can't even walk without You holding my hand.
The mountain's too high and the valley's too wide.
Down on my knees, I learned to stand.
Because I can't even walk without You holding my hand.

1 comment:

Barefootnitx4@aol.com said...

Thanks for sharing your heart, this wise truth is a mystery to many. It is truly our source of comfort to know He is his desire to guide us until the day is done. I love you Tammy, God Bless You!!