Is It Morning Again?

morning

This morning, I opened first one eye and then the other and groaned as I realized it really was time to get up. I am not a “morning person.” Probably the hardest thing I do each day is just get myself out of the bed. That may seem strange to some of you. I know there are people who pop up each morning like toast out of a toaster, but I have never been one of them. Somehow I don’t think there are many people like that. I believe a lot of us struggle. We live busy lives, often don’t get enough sleep, and face discouragement—all of which leads us to want “just a few more minutes of shut-eye.”

Today was particularly hard because I seemed to have an extra weight pressing me down, and I quickly recognized it as depression. Not that I have any real reason to be depressed. I believe this is just one more scheme of the enemy to bring God’s children down. I had a decision to make. Would I stay down or would I fight?

After I dragged myself into the shower, I chose to sing a song of praise to the Lord:  I worship You, Almighty God, there is none like You; I worship You, O Prince of Peace; that is what I want to do; I give You praise, for You are my righteousness; I worship You, Almighty God, there is none like You.*  It was not because I really felt it to begin with, but because I knew it was what I needed to do. Gradually, as I repeated the song again and again, I could feel my spirits lift. I sensed the presence of the Lord. I was reassured that I am not alone, that the One who created me still cares.

God has promised He will never leave us; He will not forsake us. As we reach out to Him and acknowledge His presence, God will dwell in the praises of His people. I want His presence to dwell with me, so I choose today to praise and worship Him!

Father, You are worthy to be praised. No matter the circumstances of my life, You deserve my praise. I worship You. I adore You. I acknowledge my need of You. Thank You for Your presence in my life!

Scriptures for Reflection

I will bless the LORD at all times: his praise shall continually be in my mouth. (Psalm 34:1)

But thou art holy, O thou that inhabitest the praises of Israel. (Psalm 22:3)

*I Worship You, Almighty God, Don Moen

2 comments:

Kathy said...

I think this is one of my faves.. from your blog, Tammy. Thanks for sharing - to what so many of us can relate.

I also struggled with getting up this morning and yesterday morning... and probably will again tomorrow. But knowing Jesus is going to walk beside me - and assist me with whatever that day holds... is enough to finally get me up and going as well.

You are a gem of a minister. Please know you encourage all of us with your words. Keep up the great work.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Tammy
The last two nights I have not slept well and can not get moving. Your morning post gives me hope.
Mary