Rest For Our Souls

rest3

My soul finds rest in God alone; my salvation comes from him. He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will never be shaken. (Psalm 62:1-2, NIV)

My family just came back from our summer vacation. It was an enjoyable time spent away from our normal, daily routine. It was great to “get away from it all” and relax with family, and not think about responsibilities waiting back at home.

The last couple of months leading up to our vacation were very busy for me, and many times during those months, I encountered the above scripture. My soul finds rest in God alone. I came across it so many times and in so many ways that I knew God wanted my attention focused on that scripture.

My soul finds rest in God alone. It is calming just to hear those words. We can find temporary rest by going on a vacation, but there are still fifty-one other weeks in the year that are filled with many activities and sometimes overwhelming responsibilities. During those times, we can find rest by going to God alone.

When the cares of life threaten to destroy us, it is wonderful that we can go to our Father and find rest. Our salvation, our deliverance comes from Him.

Instead of trying to figure out the answers to all of life’s problems yourself, go to the One who has the answers and find rest for your soul in Him.

Scriptures for Reflection

Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light. (Matthew 11:29-30)

Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you. (1 Peter 5:7)

No comments: