Our Daily Choice

cross

All of us who are Christians can look back to a specific time in our life when we made the choice to accept Jesus Christ as our Savior. But being a follower of Christ is a daily decision. Joshua told the children of Israel, “Choose you this day whom you will serve . . .” (Joshua 24:15).

Every day when I wake up, I have a choice to make: Will I live for God, or will I live for myself? Our natural tendencies would lead us to live selfish lives, doing what pleases our flesh. There are many distractions—so many ways our enemy has to pull us away from doing what is right. Choosing to please the Lord in our daily walk takes a conscious decision. And it is only when we choose to follow the leading of the Holy Spirit that we are able to please our Father.

Because we live such busy lives, it is easy to get up each morning and “hit the ground running,” without taking the time to fellowship with the Lord and get His direction for the day.

How much better our days are when we take a few moments to consciously decide, “Today, I will follow Jesus.” Joshua said it best, “. . . as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.” (Joshua 24:15).

Scripture for Reflection

And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me. (Luke 9:23)

No comments: